Monday, March 22, 2010

golf cart lessons...chopping veggies...bowel movement...finally.

((To start..this was a testing day for the primary students to get their placement in the high school...aka not a normal day...))

So I will keep this one a little bit shorter BUT man my first day of school was quite interesting! The morning started off with a free lesson on driving the school golf cart with Mr. Oncorio (sp?). This may sound simple considering my family owns a golf cart, but have you ever tried driving on dirt roads with pot holes the size of the grand canyon, no stop signs, with cars and people walking all over the place? Yeah see my dilemma? And did I mention that this was totally illegal? Which made it all the more fun!

When Mr. O and I got back to school, the cafeteria staff put Jeanne and I to work chopping onions and peppers for the beef lunch. And they fed us like we were starving children! It was AWESOME! and FREE! (food always tastes better when its free!?)

When we finished preparing and serving lunch to the testing primary students, Jeanne and I played some volleyball on the beach...and then it hit me...I needed to go to the bathroom, bad. Tess and I have had some troubles with this since we have been here, so bowel movements are big news for us, hence why I feel the need to post this. ha ha!

Cannot wait to see what the next few days bring!

Piz- if you see this will you post some sunset pictures from home...i miss being a bahama mama...tell matty i said hello!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I will take one tonight! Hopefully it'll be a good one. Miss you! How is the organizing the PE thing going? Quite a task...but he chose the right girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!! and..that's quite a lunch. Our public school days provided us with 1cm thin soy burgers (um ew), not freshly chopped veggies with beef! yummmmm eat some for me.
    ps. did you bring the thing you got me for my bday??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Toots,
    Sorry that I have not posted. Chad and I were in the Turks and Caicos! You must have forgotten about our little trip! We had a great time! Got your e-mail when I got back on Tuesday and then had to play catch-up at work yesterday.
    I love reading about what is going on! I can't believe the MOTH! Frightening! It sounds like you are havign a great time. Keep us posted on what's going on at the school. Glad to hear that you met #10, but mom tells me now that you are on #11!!! How can that be!?!?
    What are you eating? Is the food good there?
    Can you please post some more pics?
    XOXO,
    HMS

    ReplyDelete

Pig toe...

Pig toe...
...yes mama...I ate a pig toe...and a tail...im sorry!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

My swollen feet :(

My swollen feet :(
After walking miles and miles everyday and eating the amount of sodium we do here...this is the result. May not look painful, but you have NO IDEA!

High School Teachers :)

High School Teachers :)

There are a ton of little alley ways like this leading to the beach...just stopped at one to snap a shot!

Roomie

Roomie
This is Tess and I at our first meal!