Saturday, March 20, 2010

oh the LEGENDS of Belize :)

Yesterday morning I went for my first and most likely only run, ha ha! Then I took some time for myself and went and got toast and coffee and got sucked into the Twilight book. It was so peaceful and serene...exactly what I needed! During the day a couple of us just laid out and caught some rays. It didn't take long to feel like my skin was burning off so then it was time for a lay down session in the room. The group had a one o'clock meeting and then the high school teachers went up to the high school to meet some of the teachers and students. Meeting the students and staff was the turning point from nervousness to excitement for me!

Last night all of us went to this local hole in the wall Chinese place called Cindy's Fast Food for dunner. Talk about yummy! They gave us so much food for so little money...exactly what we were all looking for. Immediately after most of us began our trek to find the bar Legends on the north end of the island (aka. like a 40 minute walk in foreign territory). And here is where the fun begins...

We finally make it to the toll bridge and we hear some music. Considering the island is pretty dark we follow the music and figure that this is the bar, Legends. Jeanne led us in and we all are a little skeptical. So to make a VERY LONG story short it was a 37 year old's birthday party with family and friends. BAHAHAHA! So yeah, who needs wedding crashers when you have seven girls crashing a birthday party. Not to mention this house was AMAZING!! We were on the rich side of the island supposedly. Well instead of being rude and staying to get free drinks we decided to continue the adventure of finding this bar, Legends.

After another ten minute walk....WA LA! There it is...this place does exist! All I have to say is that this was the best night yet!...friends and family, I will fill you in later! And yes Heather, this does involve me meeting #10...if you know what I mean! ;)

Today we are going to a Bar-B-Que that the high school is having as a fundraiser. The beach is mandatory after a pig fest, literally. And tonight we are going to a teacher's house for dinner...then who knows after that!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't BELIZE IT!!! Sounds like you're having a great time and I love how dedicated you are to finding a bar...

    Anyway, miss you lots and I hope the rest of your trip is just as fun as it has been so far!

    Love you, mean it.

    ReplyDelete

Pig toe...

Pig toe...
...yes mama...I ate a pig toe...and a tail...im sorry!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

My swollen feet :(

My swollen feet :(
After walking miles and miles everyday and eating the amount of sodium we do here...this is the result. May not look painful, but you have NO IDEA!

High School Teachers :)

High School Teachers :)

There are a ton of little alley ways like this leading to the beach...just stopped at one to snap a shot!

Roomie

Roomie
This is Tess and I at our first meal!