Thursday, March 18, 2010

A successful first day!

Where do I even start? Last night my roommate Tess and I celebrated St. Patty's day with a bang! Then we came home and decided it would be a great idea to shower. Little did we know, that H meant cold and C meant hot here. Its safe to say I was a complete ice cube after the 1.2 second shower I took. Then I laid down in the cozy bed with one sheet :) and it didn't take me long to fall asleep...for being tired and the amount of Belican we consumed!! In the middle of the night I had a little visitor crawl up my neck. I swatted it a little and then it landed on blanky. So I again gave it a major swat to get it off the bed. Tess woke up and I said "a stupid moth was just on me." She got up at that point to go to the restroom and turned on the light. I heard a little scream and she said, "EW that's a HUGE cockroach!" You put the pieces together. I got very little sleep after that scare!

(KP: these darn roaches follow me everywhere! and it was a flying one!!)

We woke up early this morning and went to a nice breakfast with the group at a place called George's. Then we walked around visiting 2 elementary schools and the high school we will be teaching at. Interesting to say the least. I am very excited about getting started! The principal at San Pedro High was very happy to see me. They just started a Physical Education program and he wanted me to organize it. Hmmm...I have quite a task on my hands!

The weather was beautiful today and I got the chance to lay out for about an hour. Can we say burnt? And yes, I used sunscreen! I need my base tan! We had a wonderful dinner tonight at a local place...probably the best Caribbean shrimp I have ever and will ever eat! Tomorrow I have a day off and so I plan on running in the morning with some of the girls, laying out, and catching up on some school work I need to get done!

I miss you all very much!!

*Maja y faja....I have never smiled so big until I saw your blog name. I miss you both so much! Also tell pawpaw I said happy birthday from Belize!
*Heather....Its unBELIZABLE here! Tell chad I said happy birthday...I know that is coming up soon! And you guys have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about it!
*Piz....I hope you and Hef are good. I wish you could experience this with me! Miss you tons!

1 comment:

  1. ew ew ew ew ew wwwwwwwww cockroaches!!! thats so disgusting!! and it was on YOU!! bahaha

    ReplyDelete

Pig toe...

Pig toe...
...yes mama...I ate a pig toe...and a tail...im sorry!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

My swollen feet :(

My swollen feet :(
After walking miles and miles everyday and eating the amount of sodium we do here...this is the result. May not look painful, but you have NO IDEA!

High School Teachers :)

High School Teachers :)

There are a ton of little alley ways like this leading to the beach...just stopped at one to snap a shot!

Roomie

Roomie
This is Tess and I at our first meal!