Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Frocks and Cave Funks

So when we got back from Tikal last night, Tess and my only goal was to find crocks to wear on the cave tour today...and we did. The only thing is that they were fake crocks, so in view of the fake-ness we named them our loyal "frocks". Good news--they held up extremely well throughout our tour today! There are no words or pictures that could describe our experience today. It was utterly amazing; probably the best thing that I have ever done! We took a bus ride up through the Mayan hills and finally arrived at our destination. It took a 45 minute hike through 3 river beds and luckily no poisonous snake encounters to get to the cave's opening. We swam, hiked, and climbed our way through the cave looking at ancient artifacts and skeletons on the way. My favorite part of the tour was that there was only one glimpse of sunlight in the whole cave! So yes we were flashlight helmets so that we could see...but for one part of the tour we turned off all the lights and our tour guide lead us through about 200 meters of the pitch black water. CRAZYYYY!

Now after two strenuous days of hiking and climbing, I cannot wait to lay out by the pool tomorrow and relax my muscles! Friday we are headed to Cave's Branch where hopefully we can do some cave tubing! I cannot believe how fast this week has gone by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pig toe...

Pig toe...
...yes mama...I ate a pig toe...and a tail...im sorry!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

My swollen feet :(

My swollen feet :(
After walking miles and miles everyday and eating the amount of sodium we do here...this is the result. May not look painful, but you have NO IDEA!

High School Teachers :)

High School Teachers :)

There are a ton of little alley ways like this leading to the beach...just stopped at one to snap a shot!

Roomie

Roomie
This is Tess and I at our first meal!