Sunday, April 4, 2010

HAPPY EASTER and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!

It was harder than I imagined to spend Easter away from my family! But I did get through it by spending it with my new wonderful friends that I have made on this trip! I have to say that I have been very blessed with the group of girls that I have spent my time with over the past few weeks! Everlasting friendships have definitely been made!

Yesterday (Saturday) Tess and I laid out in the morning and just relaxed! Of course each day I "planned" on doing work but it never seemed to happen...hmmm. Around 1 we went to the superintendent's house for lunch--rice, beans, and ribs--which was delicious! The group of 6 of us that went winded up staying over there until like 430 playing soccer with the little ones! Right when we got back to Pedro's, Jeanne and I went to play volleyball with the locals again...which is always a good time! Last night we winded up going out for a little bit and actually met some really cool locals! They are all so nice to us once we tell them we are teachers! They really respect teachers around here, especially because we are American teachers.

Today we went to a local church and it was another awesome experience! I saw a few of my students do plays and stuff for the Easter service, and it was cool to see them in that setting. I really enjoyed the service, it was unique, but I am just glad we got to worship today! The preacher was just a man who one day felt led to preach and he did...no seminary school or anything of the sort...just a good christian man! They also fed us lunch and that pot luck kind of meal made me feel at home! After our tummies were full we laid down and took a nap...a 3 hour nap...ops! We have been packing and getting things together for our trip this week inland. I have a little bit more packing to do tonight and then we are going to watch NEMO! YAYYY!

I'll post mid week and let you know how the inland trip is going! I am interested to see how different the mainland is from San Pedro...every local says it is a way different environment! Should be neat to see and compare both places!

1 comment:

  1. MK sooooo we had an athlete dinner thing today, and Christina Lee goes "Where's Ashlyn?" and I almost teared up a bit. When do you come home again? I need to know so I can plan your post-arrival beverage services. Please tell me its within the next like 3 days? Wishful thinking I suppose. I've been bathing in the sun the last like 4 days and I WANT YOU BATHING WITH ME.

    love you.
    nat.

    ReplyDelete

Pig toe...

Pig toe...
...yes mama...I ate a pig toe...and a tail...im sorry!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

My swollen feet :(

My swollen feet :(
After walking miles and miles everyday and eating the amount of sodium we do here...this is the result. May not look painful, but you have NO IDEA!

High School Teachers :)

High School Teachers :)

There are a ton of little alley ways like this leading to the beach...just stopped at one to snap a shot!

Roomie

Roomie
This is Tess and I at our first meal!