Friday, April 2, 2010

SAGA animal shelter and biking north and Good Friday

Okay so today was another AWESOME day! This morning I actually got my lazy butt out of bed and went running around the island. This was at like 730 and it was like 90 degrees! SOOO HOTT! Then I went with some others to do some community service at the SAGA animal shelter which is right down the road. The dogs were so stinkin' cute and they absolutely loved getting walked! It broke my heart to see them in the shelter but I tried to suck it up and just give them some love...and I'm not a huge animal person, especially big dogs, but I did try really really hard, and they were very very precious! (Mom you would be so proud!)

Then Viktor and I rented bikes and headed north on the island up to a yoga resort called Ak-bol and ate lunch and hung out on the beach. Once we biked over the toll bridge to the northern part of the island the scene all changes to resorts and nicer houses and so forth. It was great to get to see the difference and see the different faces. Our lunch was awesome and it was fun to splash around in the shallow water at the resort. Then we headed even a litter further north and we went swimming off a dock to cool off. Of course on the way back we HAD to satisfy our ice cream craving and we stopped at happy hour ice cream and got some wonderful oreo cones...yummmmyyyy!

Tonight Tess and I are going to start actually videoing for our project with the street children. I am very excited about this! We go inland Monday...I'm getting excited!! (besides the fact I might become completely broke) haha!

Another quick note is that Easter is like Christmas here and everything is closed all weekend....not to mention the water on the island is out...AGAIN and sooo no showers, no laundry, and no flushing all weekend. CRAZINESS! Gotta love living rough! It's all about the experience, right?!

Obviously still miss you all very very much!! LOVEEE ALWAYYSSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pig toe...

Pig toe...
...yes mama...I ate a pig toe...and a tail...im sorry!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

Our whole group before the birthday dinner!

My swollen feet :(

My swollen feet :(
After walking miles and miles everyday and eating the amount of sodium we do here...this is the result. May not look painful, but you have NO IDEA!

High School Teachers :)

High School Teachers :)

There are a ton of little alley ways like this leading to the beach...just stopped at one to snap a shot!

Roomie

Roomie
This is Tess and I at our first meal!